Thursday, May 13, 2004

WOW

Wow. I just had an amazing experience. Yesterday I was chatting with various people when this 17 year old girl came in scared and asking a bunch of questions about being pregnant. She all of a sudden was being attacked by the other ladies in the room. So I sent her a private message to console her and to try and answer her questions. She acted like she didn't want the baby, and hadn't told her parents and didn't plan to. She was absolutely freaked out. I answered some of her questions and gave her positive outlooks on how it would be if she kept the baby and told her parents. We ended the conversation awkwardly, and I thought we may not speak again. Well she sent me a private message today and told me she is planning on keeping the baby and told her parents! She sounded totally different than yesterday. She seemed thrilled about the baby, not burdened. Now I don't know if it was actually me who helped, but I'm glad I was there to hear the story. Tonight we spoke very well, and I opened my heart to her. I know some people groan about chat rooms, and all of that, but I must say that if this is how I can minister to people and help them even have a better few minutes than they did before, then freakin awesome. I really have a kind of passion for pregnant teens, since I was once one. This is a step for me to realize this too. I lost my passions about a year ago. I even scared Scott with that thought too. I won't give up on working on my heart.