Friday, April 23, 2004

Last Weekend Not Forgotten

I've been meaning to post this all week, but my head has gotten stuck elsewhere. Last Saturday we went and spent some time with Riley and Emily including some of their friends. This was the first time I met any of them, and I must say is was a great meeting. I already felt connected with Riley and Emily even though I had just met them. Very cool.

While I was there, I dyed Easter eggs with Mikah. That is something as a kid I've always loved about Easter. It wasn't the egg hunt or candy--which was cool, but it was always the changing of the eggs. I've done it every year since and hope to forever.

Mikah just loved Riley. He really took to his goofiness. On the way home, Mikah said that Riley was his best friend. That is timeless.

The next day we went to my grandma's in Earl Park. That is one of the small specks on this planet that amazingly still has a population. We met up with everyone there, had our deviled eggs and conversation, then after lunchish din-din we had the egg hunt with my kids and my nephew Gaven. They all had so much fun playing outside and just being together. I notice the kids get along better when they have room to conspire with each other as well as enough room to be away from the other if needed.