Monday, February 09, 2004

A Wonderful Day

Today I took the kids to the library for reading time, a craft, and also to play with all of the kids that go there. I've had some good conversation with one of the moms, it was nice. I think this is the kind of thing I need to do. I may not feel better physically, but mentally I do. My nausea is lightening a little bit too. THANK YOU GOD! May not be perfect but any improvement is very much appreciated. The kids were very shy during story time. The lady sang some songs with the kids and had them all do a little bit of dancing and motions. Kiara and Mikah just looked at everyone in the face of, "What in the world are they doing?" During the story, Kiara was more interested in what the other kids were doing rather than listening to the story. This doesn't discourage me at all, though! This just makes me realize how much they need to be around other kids their age so that they can start to relate and learn from each other. Tomorrow or Wednesday is Mikah's story time. I'm really looking forward to it.

I grabbed a thicker book, about 100 pages long to read to the kids a little bit everyday. I'm hoping we can start doing this on a regular basis. I would love to get some of the books I read when I was a kid. Like Wizard of Oz, and some Bearstein Bears and things like that. I'll get there soon enough. I've been doing flash cards with Kiara here lately to help her learn her ABC's and other words that start with them. I used to have a problem with keeping her still the whole time, but I soon realized you have to make it fun for her! Duh Mom! I make myself sound thrilled and excited with each card and then she gets excited too! This is so much fun now. Even if we're not meant to homeschool them all of the way through school, I wouldn't miss this for the world! Mikah is learning his letter sounds and how to put words together, slowly but surely. That's all that matters. I'm working with him a little everyday now, and I can already tell info is stciking little by little. He has a game that deals with the same stuff too! I love being a mommy and wifey. This is the best job in the world!