Thursday, February 05, 2004

To Homeschool!

Well, I believe I have made my decision on whether to homeschool Mikah dude, or to send him to Kindergarten. I've decided homeschooling, especially if we move to a bigger town where there are many events we can go to to play with other kids. I'm very excited about it too. I've borrowed a book from the library to help him with his phonics, and so far he's been doing very well. He's been so frustrated lately, because he can't read and needs help all of the time when he needs to read something. I also got another book, for me, that just gives you ideas of what you may come by while homeschooling. It gives great tips on spinning their brains and getting the younger ones ( like Mikah's age) into learning, while it may seem as playing. Very cool. I think I'm getting close to hitting a spark when it comes to what's coming along in the next year.....well at least when it comes to Mikah and his schooling. The library here in town have a time where they read a story and then do a craft about the story. My daughter can come along too. She has a story time of her own as well. I plan on going to these weekly, when possible, so that they can interact with other children.

The kids and I spent all day practically just playing and coloring, and painting, and making puppets, as well as having story time of our own. Mikah also has a game that he loves, that teaches him how to read and learn letter sounds. He tells me he has to play it at least everyday! I had something similar in mind. I told him that was fine as long as he works with me on the vowel sounds. He's just so happy about it all too. So am I.