Sunday, December 14, 2003

Hear my tears of frustration and saddness

I just got done reading an old blog/comments from my friends Joshua and Kristen, and felt the need to let off some steam.

I wish some people would just realize what they are doing! Don't they see the hate and anger they cause when they do these types of things. This is what I'm talking about if you haven't been before: Protest Gay Day.

My brother is gay, and has been for as long as I can remember into our drug/alcohol infested teen years. He has been screamed at, pushed around, and nonstop harassed during the times he was at high school. Granted he didn't "come out" to the world until after high school, but can you blame him. The world has an anti-gay sign all over, and we expect these people to come to Christ when we are throwing stones at them! "Hey you wrong-doer! Stop being the only people on this earth to create a "major sin" and be like me! Hey what YOU ARE DOING IS WRONG! LOVE JESUS! WHY AREN"T YOU LISTENING TO ME SCREAMING AT YOU? I HATE WHAT YOU ARE DOING! COME TO CHRIST!" Unfortunately this is what my brother hears when people protest his sexual orientation. I tell you the truth this subject is really breaking my heart and is now bringing tears to my eyes. I can't stop what the rest of the world is doing, but I can love my brother and anyone else who comes around me. And I will darn well show it. Even if it is by listening to their stories and having fun with them.

My brother isn't too sure about Christ. We have had discussions, but overall Scott, me and my in-laws are the only LOVING christians he has met. He even told me so. THAT my friends isn't right. Christ wants us to love EVERYONE! EVERYONE! Even our enemies! ESPECIALLY OUR ENEMIES! At what point did these people forget that?

I could go on and on, but my tears have fell enough for right now. I just pray that these people would open their heart, minds, and eyes to Christ's love and through Him, learn better how to share Him.