Thursday, June 24, 2004

With my experiences in the pregnancy chat rooms, I've kind remembered something about people. I've remembered that people thrive to connect with others. To share something in common, and to know they aren't alone. They thrive on companionship, as well as an open door to someone else's heart. We all do. This is how we are made. Granted some lost it along their rough road of life, but there's still something there.

A girl that I've talked with alot since I've been chatting or whatever you wish to call it, is as far along as I am. The night before last she went into labor, which would be considered premature. She had her sister get online to let me and the other girls we talk with know where she was. I haven't talked with her yet, and it makes me believe she had the baby and is still in the hospital. I'm telling you this now, because it absolutely amazes me that we have an electrical community through our computers that cares for one another. We have connected with each other through our pregnancies/experiences/children and just share with each other our worries, our silly kids' actions, and our lives. We never hesitate much to ask a serious question.

What also is awesome is how many young girls I have talked with. They come into the room scared to death about the fact they are pregnant and young, and don't know how in this world they could bring a child into the world. Most of them actually get stomped on and ridiculed by the older women, which sux and is uncalled for. Either way by showing my support to them and trying to answer their questions, they get another insight on their situation. Most girls think about abortion right away, or adoption, barely any think of taking care of the baby themselves. They come to the room with all of this worry and then they get attacked by strong opinions of others. I just try to bring them away from the opinions and try to get them to see some positive perspectives. No I don't support teenage pregnancy, but I will support pregnant teens. I will support the person they are and accept their mistakes. I was a pregnant teen and I know how scary it is. I just hope I help.