Sunday, August 31, 2003

Another day-another thought. Can anyone really hear me. I sit here now in total blackness waiting for God's voice, but I keep hearing---wait. Okay, but what do I do while I'm waiting?

My brother is already showing his true colors about HIS role in the business, my sister is trying to push her opinions on my family and what would work, my mom isn't letting out the steam she needs to, so she is off in her own world, my husband is tangled in knots about everything, my son is absorbing our frustration and showing it to us, my daughter just doesn't know what to think except for that this is all normal, our babysitter that we found the same day was caught sleeping while watching 10-15 kids, 2 of them our own, so now we get to find another babysitter, but the only one we can find in the paper is her................Yup, this is the kind of stuff to drive a person batty, a person nutty. So many choices in such a little time.....Just need to breathe and try to relax. Just got to step back and let God take over. What else can I do? I grew up needing to know the future possiblilities, being in control....I grew up knowing that I need to be as independent as possible. My single mother who raised us three kids by herself had only her to rely on, and I was taught to be the same way......

We'll get there. This is faith we need to step out on, not solid ground, or a sturdy bridge, but the invisible hand of God. We need to know that what He may have, we may not see or hear, let alone understand. We need to take that leap of faith and become DEPENDENT on Him, and only Him. My son could tell you that no matter what you need to follow God...He's only four. He can tell you that you need to trust in God......He's still only four. Our roles in this world parent/child are swapped often. Us grown-ups need to be more child-like when we follow God. Trust it because the Father says...Know it because it was told. Believe, not because you can see it or hear it, but because it has to be. Kids don't question many things when taught by their parents, because they had to trust their parents since the point of birth----THEY HAD NO CHOICE. We do......Here we go and take a dive...